Sunday, 26 July 2009

A Mourning Day To All Malaysians

In Loving Memory of Kak Yasmin
Inspiration, Patriot, Malaysian

It is a sad and truly disturbing day to read that Yasmin Ahmad has passed away. Her dedication to belief of a truly understanding and united Malaysia has brought Malaysia to the world’s stage through the eyes of a camera lens. Her touch of love, compassion, dedication, and strive to remind all of us to the wonderful dream of Malaysia has truly touched millions and should always be learned from and serve as a reminder to all of us.

I can say that she has been a great inspiration to many of us who understand the importance of unity and greater love for this wonderful and colourful country of ours. She reminded us through her films and advertisements of how Malaysians should be, as an individual, son, daughter, friend, brother, sister and most importantly Malaysian. She has thought me to embrace our culture, religion, and history. As a nation we have gone through so much and it would be a waste if we the children of our fore fathers have forgotten how we achieved what and where we are today.

I am however touched that in her last days, she was surrounded by her love ones and as her final act as a Child of Malaysia reminded us how and who we are as Malaysians. I believe millions of Malaysians have come together in prayer and crossed fingers that she would have overcome this stroke and continue her legacy. But I guess this is God’s way in reminding us that, creating a dream, a dream of Malaysia should not be done by one but everyone.

Kak Yasmin as many would address her (I hope she does not mind me calling her that too), may you rest in peace and keep a watchful eye on Malaysia and Malaysians. Help us to remember and be reminded of, what it is to be truly a Malaysian.

In my book, Kak Yasmin, you are truly a Malaysian Hero, My Hero, A Patriot if a nation that has in recent times forgot who we are. You have been a great elder sister, inspiration and friend to all Malaysian. Your tears, sweat, and heart for Malaysia will never be forgotten.

Do not worry, I will in my small way carry on your dreams and forever be reminded of you. May you rest in peace with God.

A mourning son of Malaysia,
Timothy Chan
A Simple Malaysian

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Truly a great lost. I enjoy her films very much, especially Sepet. A wonderful Malaysian movie indeed.

Joe, I did not know you have a blog before. But it's nice to know that you have one to share your thoughts and ideas. I like the one where you posted about the angels and the departments. Thanks for sharing!

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C Jan's♥ said...

I guess my pray was not enough..T_T
Anyway, may Kak Min rest in peace..